Essentials for Managers
Dates: Thursdays, September 18 - November 20, 2014
Time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: UNM Graduate School of Management, Room 302 - Click here for map
Do you know what makes a great manager? Do you stand out from the pack? Managers are faced with a host of new and, often, unfamiliar responsibilities and challenges. This 10-week program is designed to give managers the tools to tackle new roles and compete in the job marketplace.
From motivating and delegating to negotiating and presenting, this actionable program focuses on solving management challenges in today’s complex business world. Essentials for Managers uses real world examples and hands-on interaction to translate theory into skill.
Professionals everywhere are discovering the value of executive coaching. Working with an executive coach, your personal thinking partner, can help you gain perspective, understand your objectives, and make a road map to your goals. With your registration for Essentials for Managers, you can experience 3 coaching sessions at a discounted rate.
- Early Bird Discount - $50 off
- Refer-a-Friend Discount - $50 off
- Group Discount - $100
- UNM Alumni, Faculty, and Staff qualify for the Group Discount
- Tuition Remission Accepted
Who Should Take this Course:
- Managers with 1-3 years of experience who want to build confidence in their new role
- Professionals who aspire to advance to a management position
- Seasoned managers in need of a refresher
What You Will be Able to Do:
- Manage time and meetings effectively
- Assess and develop your leadership style while building your credibility
- Improve performance through empowerment and effective delegation
How You Will Benefit:
- Learn why it’s critical to be interested IN your people rather than interesting TO your people
- Set yourself apart in the job market
- Understand your role and responsibilities as a manager
Participants must attend 8 of the 10 sessions.
- Developing Your Leadership Skills
- Your Management Style and Working Relationships
- Managing and Participating in Work Teams
- Managing and Resolving Conflict
- Planning and Delegating for Time Management
- Enhancing Your Personal Communication
- Understanding Employment Law
- Career/Life Balance
- Conducting Meaningful Performance Appraisals and Motivating Employees
- Resiliency Training
Click on an instructor's name to learn more about that person.