Essentials for Managers
Dates: Tuesdays, February 18 - April 22, 2014
Time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: GSM 302 Click here for map
Are you ready to promote a member of your team to the role of manager? Or perhaps you recently made the move into a management position? Equip yourself or your team member with the tools to be successful through the Essentials for Managers program.
The Essentials for Managers program is designed specifically to increase the skills of current supervisors and managers, as well as to prepare those who aspire to be in these roles. Taught by experts in their field, this practical course examines the functions of planning, organizing and leading, and translates these essential management activities into the skills necessary to perform successfully in today’s competitive workplace.
- Early Bird Discount - $50 off
- Refer-a-Friend Discount - $50 off
- Group Discount - $100
- UNM Alumni, Faculty, and Staff qualify for the Group Discount
- Tuition Remission Accepted
Who Should Take this Course:
- Managers with one to three years of experience wishing to build confidence in their new role
- Junior and Senior professionals who aspire to advance their career to a management position
- Individuals who want to increase their personal effectiveness and the performance of their work groups
What You Will be Able to Do:
- Understand your role and responsibilities as a manager
- Assess and develop your leadership style while building credibility and support
- Set and obtain goals, establish standards, and measure performance
- Manage time and meetings effectively
- Delegate to achieve results
How You Will Benefit:
- Gain a fresh perspective by drawing upon those from outside your company and role
- Improve performance through empowerment and effective delegation
- Set yourself apart in the job market
- Apply executive leadership training to continue your growth as a leader through a self-development plan
Participants must attend 8 of the 10 sessions.
Click on an instructor's name to learn more about that person.