Effective Facilitation - Leading Collaborative Processes
Guide group discussions productively with powerful facilitation skills. Effective facilitators manage the people, the process, and the information in professional meetings to ensure the group's objectives are met with buy-in from everyone involved. Facilitation skills are important in group meetings, strategic planning sessions, conflict management discussions and more.
This hands-on program will teach you to use facilitation skills in the work place, while also making you eligible to facilitate professionally. In this 8-week course, you will role-play a variety of real-life scenarios to master your facilitation skills.
Who Should Take this Course:
- Directors, managers and others responsible for managing groups
- Team Leaders, project managers, and strategic planners who are responsible for group decisions
- Those who wish to facilitate professionally
What You Will be Able to Do:
- Elicit ideas and solutions from group participants to increase buy-in
- Gain group trust by utilizing active listening techniques
- Transform dominating or unresponsive participants into productive collaborators
How You Will Benefit:
- Improve your confidence, efficiency, and effectiveness in leading meetings, presentations, and team projects
- Save your organization valuable time and money by increasing collaboration and improving communications
- Gain certification, allowing you to facilitate professionally
To receive the Anderson School's Certificate, participants must attend 7 of the 8 sessions.
- Overview of the Role and Function of a Facilitator
- The Facilitation Process
- Facilitator's Essential Skills Part 1 - Managing the Process
- Process Tools of the Trade
- Facilitator’s Essentials Skills Part 2 – Managing the People
- Practicing What We’ve Learned
- Facilitator’s Essentials Skills Part 3 – Managing the Information
- Working with the Client