Dates: 6 Saturdays, September 20 - November 1, 2014 - No class will be held on October 11, 2014
Time: 9:00 am – 4:45 pm
Location: UNM Graduate School of Management, Room 302 - Click here for map
When you are trying to resolve conflict, do you tend to side with one party? Do you impose your solution onto the disagreeing parties? Participants in mediated disputes need trustworthy, objective mediators to help them find their own solutions. While Mediation Certification will give you the training necessary to mediate professionally, you will also learn listening and conflict management techniques that will benefit you in every area of your work and life.
In this 40-hour Career and Professional Development program, you will receive training from experienced instructor and mediator, Anne Lightsey. Anne will engage you in role playing sessions and observations to help you understand the interpersonal dynamics of mediation and provide you with the skills needed to bring disputes to resolution.
Students who successfully complete this 40 hour course are eligible for a Mediations Certificate allowing them to mediate professionally.
- Early Bird Discount - $50 off
- Refer-a-Friend Discount - $50 off
- Group Discount - $100
- UNM Alumni, Faculty, and Staff qualify for the Group Discount
- Tuition Remission Accepted
Who Should Take this Course:
- Professionals responsible for managing workplace conflict
- Those interested in becoming certified to mediate professionally
- Lawyers and others law experience who are interested in alternate forms of dispute resolution
- Organization development (OD) consultants, EAP, coaches, and other professionals
What You Will be Able to Do:
- Implement mediation skills to manage group dynamics
- Assist parties with divergent interests to reach a resolution
- Lead internal mediations to keep costs low and avoid litigation
How You Will Benefit:
- Become eligible to mediate professionally, and start building a practice as a mediator
- Engage in mediations to develop an understanding of the mediation process
- Certification demonstrates credibility and a high level of knowledge
To receive the Anderson School's Certificate, participants must attend 37 of the 40 hours.
- You and Mediation: An Overview
- Think Like a Mediator/ Recognize and Dealing with Conflict's Root Causes
- Essential Mediator Skills
- Stages of Mediation Parts I and II
- Mediation Live and In Person
- Advanced Mediator Skills/ We're All in This Together
- Bringing it All Together
- You Just Keep Getting Better/Closing
Click on an instructor's name to learn more about that person.