Practical Project Management
Dates: Fridays, February 28 - May 2, 2014
Time: 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Location: GSM 302 Click here for map
Effective project management is essential in today’s business world. Organizations are faced with increasing pressure to complete projects within shorter time frames and with smaller budgets than in the past. Professionals need a feasible method to ensure that their projects are profitable and aligned with the strategic goals of their organization.
Practical Project Management provides you with the essential skills you need to succeed in an increasingly competitive job market, allowing you to keep projects on task, on time and on budget. The highly interactive curriculum builds from theories of project management to real-world practices applicable to all industries and fields, including marketing, financial services, business administration, information technologies, health sciences, government, construction, manufacturing and more. You will learn from highly qualified instructors who have substantial project management experience.
When you complete this course, you’ll be ready for your role as Project Manager and you’ll receive the 35 educational professional development units (PDUs) required to apply for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification. This is a non-credit course; no letter grades are awarded.
- Early Bird Discount - $50 off
- Refer-a-Friend Discount - $50 off
- Group Discount - $100
- UNM Alumni, Faculty, and Staff qualify for the Group Discount
- Tuition Remission Accepted
Who Should Take this Course:
- Professionals who currently manage projects and want to improve their skills and increase their best practice knowledge
- Organizations who want to invest in their project managers and allow them to contribute effectively to a wide range of project types
- Senior personnel who have the work experience but are looking to receive the professional development units required to apply for PMP certification
What You Will be Able to Do:
- Initiate, Plan, Execute, Control, and Monitor & Close a project
- Learn to bring projects in on time and within budget
- Pursue learning through real world experiences and case studies
How You Will Benefit:
- Drive your business forward by taking home a whole new set of tools and techniques
- Being certified demonstrates a designated level of knowledge in project management
- Although not a guarantee, studies have shown many certified individuals see a salary increase following certification
Participants must attend 8 of the 10 sessions.
- The 5 Phases of a Project
- Stakeholder Management
- Organizational Structure and its Influence on Projects
- Scheduling for Project Success
- Budget Development and Procurement Planning
- Risks and Risk Management Plan
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Quality Planning and Control
- Project Integration with Business Requirements
- Project Reporting
Click on an instructor's name to learn more about that person.