Accounting Essentials for Managers
Understand and speak the language of accounting.
Dates: Tuesdays, March 3, 2020 - May 5, 2020
Time: 6:00pm - 9:00 pm
Location: UNM Graduate School of Management
*No Session on March 17, 2020 and April 28, 2020
Accounting Essentials for Managers is designed for a user of accounting information. The class will focus on both financial and managerial accounting with emphasis on the concepts, terminology and methods which guide managers in their day-to-day business decisions. The class will discuss the financial statements, how to interpret these statements, and how to make good decisions based on the financial statements. In addition, the course will show how to use accounting information to identify and analyze alternative decisions that allow managers to take the best course of action.
Cost and Discounts
- Cost: $1095
- Cost includes program, course materials, and campus parking
- Group/UNM Discount: $100 off
- UNM Tuition Remission Accepted
Eight Sessions (Must attend 7 out of 8)
- Role of Accounting
- Recording Events
- Preparing Financial Statements
- Managing Cash and Working Capital
- Analyzing Results: Ratio Analysis
- Cost Behavior
- Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
- Budgets and Variance Analysis
Who should attend?
- New managers who need to understand fundamental accounting principles
- Employees who use financial information to monitor the organization's performance and make decisions
- Professionals who are interested in pursuing a career in accounting
How will you benefit?
- Understand and speak the language of accounting
- Use accounting principles to examine your business's performance and make insightful decisions
- Prepare simple financial statements and reports
- Ann Brooks received her Master of Accounting degree from the University of New Mexico (UNM) in 2000. She has been teaching for over 20 years and as an Anderson accounting faculty member since 2002. Ann’s teaching areas are financial, managerial, professional, advanced, and governmental accounting courses. Ann also consults where she specializes in providing financial, strategic, governance and operational assistance to governmental, not-for-profit, private and board entities in the areas of cost analysis, financial projections, profit and loss analysis, internal controls and governance.
Spring 2020 Programs
Spring 2020 Workshops
March 13, 2020 - March 27, 2020
8:30am to 12:00pm