Essentials for Managers
Spring 2021 Dates Coming Soon
Please register to be put on the waitlist and you will be notified directly of when the next program will be offered.
If you are new to management or aspiring to become a leader, the Essentials for Managers Certificate Program will help you assess and develop your leadership style and realize your role and responsibilities to build credibility and support. In ten weeks, you’ll develop the essential leadership skills that will help you improve
performance through empowerment and effective delegation.
Taught by experts in their field, this practical course examines the functions of planning, organizing and leading, and translates these essential management activities into the skills necessary to perform successfully in today’s competitive workplace.
Cost & Discounts
- Cost: $1045
- Cost includes program, course materials, and campus parking
- Group/UNM Discount: $100 off
- UNM Tuition Remission Accepted
Ten Sessions (Must attend 8 out of 10)
- Developing Your Leadership Skills
- Your Management Style & Working Relationships
- Managing & Participating in Work Teams
- Managing & Resolving Conflict
- Conducting Performance Appraisals & Motivating Your Employees
- Planning & Delegating for Time Management
- Enhancing Your Personal Communication
- Understanding Employment Law
- Career/Life Balance
- Resiliency Training
Who should attend?
- A new manager developing your leadership style
- A talented professional aiming for a management role
- A manager. Enroll your high-potential employees!
What will this course prepare me to do?
- Lead your team with confidence and self-assurance
- Delegate assignments and monitor performance
- Manage time and meetings with ease
- Develop strong, results-oriented teams
- Resolve conflict between employees
Spring 2021 Programs
Fall 2020 Workshops
Tuesdays and Thursdays
September 15, 17, and 22, 2020
Time: 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Women's Leadership -
Refuel, Inspire, Empower
September 16 - November 4, 2020
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm