Essentials for Managers
Dates: Mondays, February 21 - April 25, 2022
Time: 6-9 p.m., MDT
Location: Online via Zoom
If you are new to management or aspiring to become a leader, the Essentials for Managers Certificate Program will help you assess and develop your leadership style and realize your role and responsibilities to build credibility and support. In ten weeks, you’ll develop the essential leadership skills that will help you improve
performance through empowerment and effective delegation.
Taught by experts in their field, this practical course examines the functions of planning, organizing and leading, and translates these essential management activities into the skills necessary to perform successfully in today’s competitive workplace.
Cost & Discounts
- Cost: $1,499
- Cost includes program and course materials
- UNM Tuition Remission Accepted
- Developing Your Leadership Skills
- Conscious Communication
- Managing and Resolving Conflict
- Management Effectiveness through Collaborative Teams
- Delegating and Decision Making
- Understanding Employment Law
- Conducting Performance Appraisals and Motivating Your Employees
- Recognizing Unconscious Bias and Incorporating Inclusiveness
- Leading through Change
- Creating balance through Time and Stress Management
Who should attend?
- A new manager developing your leadership style
- A talented professional aiming for a management role
- A manager. Enroll your high-potential employees!
What will this course prepare me to do?
- Lead your team with confidence and self-assurance
- Delegate assignments and monitor performance
- Manage time and meetings with ease
- Develop strong, results-oriented teams
- Resolve conflict between employees
- Kathleen Oweegon
- Linda Strauss
- Emily Ortiz
- Crystle Collier