Dates: Saturdays, March 6, 2021 - April 24, 2021
Time: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
(with an hour lunch break)
Note: Class will not be held on April 3, 2021
The Spring 2021 Program is full. Please join the waitlist to be notified of the next program.
During the Mediation Certification course, you will engage in small group, coached role playing sessions to help you understand and experience the dynamics of mediation and get the skills needed to help bring disputes to resolution. Students who successfully complete this 40-hour course earn a Mediation Certificate which is necessary to mediate in various programs and settings. Students also have the opportunity to earn a Mediator Practitioner’s Certificate.
Notes: This program is pre-approved for 35 SHRM PDC’s. Please use Activity ID: 15-6EFXR
Due to the nature of this program and the certificate requirements, it is stressed that you attend the full 40 hours of class. If necessary, you may miss up to 2 hours of pre-approved (by the instructor) hours and still obtain the certification. However, you may be required to make the 2 hours up due to the requirements of the Mediation Certification. Make sure you register with your full name for each online session to validate attendance.
Cost & Discounts
- Cost: $1,295
- Cost includes program and course materials
- Group Discount: $100 off, Please contact email@example.com to inquire about the group discount.
- UNM Tuition Remission Accepted
- Share the Wealth Discount not accepted for this program
Six Sessions, Nine Topics
- You & Mediation: An Overview
- Think Like a Mediator: Recognize & Deal with Root Causes of Conflict
- Essential Mediator Skills: Practice, Practice, Practice
- Advanced Mediator Skills: Practice, Practice, Practice
- Understanding the Stages of Mediation
- Mediation Live & In Person – Virtually: Learn from a Professional Mediator
- Bringing It All Together: Mediations Role-Plays
- Ethical Dilemmas
- Closing and Next Steps: You Just Keep Getting Better
Who should attend?
- Those interested in mediating professionally or as a second career
- Anyone looking to efficiently address conflict within your organization
- A legal professional interested in alternate methods of dispute resolution
How will you benefit?
- Address conflict and foster harmony in your environment
- Utilize active listening to reach the root cause of conflict
- Help disputing parties hear one another
- Mediate differences confidently and efficiently to increase organizational productivity
- Lead internal mediations to keep costs low and avoid litigation
TestimonialsHere's some some of what our recent participants had to say about this hands-on program:
“Best adult learning/ training course I have ever taken. Absolutely worth the investment.” -John Edwards, Sr. Account Manager
“Learning under Anne's skilled guidance is a happy challenge. I would recommend this course without reservation to anyone looking to help turn conflict into communication.” -Charna Lefton, Asst. Regional Director for External Affairs
“The communication between the instructor and the students is phenomenal - she is open to all questions.” -Angelica Negron, Program Coordinator
Our Mediation Certification Instructor Anne Lightsey and four participants were featured on a radio show. Listen here to learn about how the program improved their communication skills and provided opportunities for them.
Advantages of Mediation Certification from Anderson's Career and Professional Development Programs:
- Small class size that allows for individualized feedback and coaching
- Highly engaged participants, excited to dive deep into mediation practices
- Learn the ins and outs on how to start your own mediation business
- Taught by mediation industry veteran, Anne Lightsey, whose passion and dedication for the subject is unparalleled
- Observe real-life mediations and co-mediate disputes with Anne and other experienced mediators
- Optional Practitioner’s Certificate after course completion
Optional Practitioner's Certificate
Use skills learned in the 40-hour certification to hone advanced mediation techniques.
Requirements to receive the Practitioner's Certificate:
- Observe 3 mediations, submit an Observation Report for each, and co-mediate 5 mediations within 6 months of completing Mediation Certification.
Spring 2021 Programs
Spring 2021 Workshops
April 20 - May 4, 2021
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm