Dates: Saturdays, October 2 - November 20, 2021
Time: 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m., MDT (with an hour lunch break)
Note: Class will not be held October 30, 2021
Mastering mediation skills not only can provide benefits in your personal life, it can provide you with new career opportunities or advancement in your current role. In addition to resolving conflicts, mediations and mediator skills increase productivity, save time and money, greatly contribute to creating a safer workplace, and promote a climate of collaboration.
During the Mediation Certification course, you will engage in small group, coached role-play sessions to help you understand and experience the dynamics of mediation and get the skills needed to help bring disputes to resolution. Students who successfully complete this 40-hour course earn a Mediation Certificate which is necessary to mediate in various programs and settings. Students also have the opportunity to earn a Mediator Practitioner’s Certificate.
This program includes approximately 2 hours of homework each week.
Notes: This program is pre-approved for 35 SHRM professional development credits (PDCs). Please use Activity ID: 15-6EFXR
Due to the nature of this program and the certificate requirements, it is stressed that you attend the full 40 hours of class. If necessary, you may miss up to two hours if pre-approved (by the instructor) and still obtain the certification. However, you may be required to make up the two hours due to the requirements of the Mediation Certification. Make sure you register with your full name for each online session to validate attendance.
Cost and Discounts
- Cost: $1,295
- Cost includes program and course materials
- Early Bird Discount: $75 off when you register and pay before August 23, 2021 (Fall)
- Group Discount: $100 off; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire
- UNM Tuition Remission Accepted
- Share the Wealth Discount not accepted for this program
Six Sessions, Nine Topics
- You & Mediation: An Overview
- Think Like a Mediator: Recognize & Deal with Root Causes of Conflict
- Essential Mediator Skills: Practice, Practice, Practice
- Advanced Mediator Skills: Practice, Practice, Practice
- Understanding the Stages of Mediation
- Mediation Live & In Person – Virtually: Learn from a Professional Mediator
- Bringing It All Together: Mediations Role-Plays
- Ethical Dilemmas
- Closing and Next Steps: You Just Keep Getting Better
Who should attend?
- Those interested in mediating professionally or as a second career
- Anyone looking to efficiently address conflict within their organization
- A legal professional interested in alternate methods of dispute resolution
How will you benefit?
- Address conflict and foster harmony in your environment
- Use active listening to reach the root cause of conflict
- Help disputing parties hear one another
- Mediate differences confidently and efficiently to increase organizational productivity
- Lead internal mediations to keep costs low and avoid litigation
TestimonialsHere is some of what our recent participants had to say about this hands-on program:
“Best adult learning/ training course I have ever taken. Absolutely worth the investment.” -John Edwards, Sr. Account Manager
“Learning under Anne's skilled guidance is a happy challenge. I would recommend this course without reservation to anyone looking to help turn conflict into communication.” -Charna Lefton, Assistant Regional Director for External Affairs
“The communication between the instructor and the students is phenomenal - she is open to all questions.” -Angelica Negron, Program Coordinator
Anne Lightsey and four participants were featured on a radio show. Listen here to learn about how the program improved their communication skills and provided opportunities for them.
Advantages of Mediation Certification from Anderson's Career and Professional Development Programs
- Small class size that allows for individualized feedback and coaching
- Highly engaged participants, excited to dive deep into mediation practices
- Learn the ins and outs on how to start your own mediation business
- Taught by mediation industry veteran, Anne Lightsey, whose passion and dedication for the subject is unparalleled
- Observe real-life mediations and co-mediate disputes with Anne and other experienced mediators
- Optional Practitioner’s Certificate after course completion
Optional Practitioner's Certificate
Use skills learned in the 40-hour certification to hone advanced mediation techniques.
Requirements to receive the Practitioner's Certificate:
- Observe three mediations, submit an Observation Report for each, and co-mediate five mediations within six months of completing Mediation Certification.