Leading with Mindfulness & Positivity
Dates: Tuesdays and Thursdays, September 15, September 17, and September 22, 2020
Location: Online Via Zoom
As the workforce changes, more emphasis is put on fostering a workplace that cultivates employee and personal satisfaction. This workshop will focus on a new paradigm of employee development and engagement which focuses on utilizing a mindful approach to enhance our ability to lead; provides tools for attaining and maintaining a positive perspective, thereby inspiring positive organizational behaviors; and provides the opportunity to discover and optimize our personal strengths and apply them in a proactive manner.
In this seminar you will hear from Kathleen Oweegon, a long-time board member of the International Institute for Global Leadership, and an expert in communication and leadership training for over 35 years. Kathleen is passionate about her work, and is dedicated to empowering others by sharing tools and understandings to help leaders and their teams evolve.
We will learn ways to consciously choose how we see, approach and respond to what we face in life, to embrace what we are presented with as an opportunity to learn, to develop, and to consciously transform our experience into one of growth and fulfillment. We will explore the meaning and value of mindfulness in the workplace and in every aspect of our lives, and learn tools to sustain our mindfulness throughout the day. We will examine how employing a positive perspective, even in the presence of overwhelming challenges, can improve our physical and mental health, our relationships – both professional and personal, and the outcome of our experiences.
Go HERE to learn about our Online Programs
Go HERE for Zoom Instructions
Cost & Discounts
- Cost: $375
- Cost includes program and materials
- Group/UNM Discount: $50 off
- Tuition Remission Accepted
- Assess and discuss your character strengths and brainstorm how to use your strengths to enhance your leadership skills.
- Gain an understanding of the value of being mindful in your thoughts, words and actions.
- Obtain tools you can use to maintain mindfulness both in the workplace and at home.
- Gain skills to frame your experiences and interactions in a positive light and proactively transform challenges into opportunities.
- Enhance team communication and collaboration
Spring 2021 Programs
Spring 2021 Workshops
April 20 - May 4, 2021
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm