Practical Project Management
Dates: Tuesdays and Thursdays, September 1, 2020 - November 5, 2020
Time: 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Location: Online Via Zoom
Project Managers need to manage every aspect of the projects they oversee, from resources and suppliers to project costs and equipment. Effective project management is essential in today’s business world, and project management training will give you a competitive edge in the job market, providing skills that you can apply immediately to your work.
The interactive curriculum of Practical Project Management provides you the essential tools you need to keep projects on task, on time, and within budget. The program is taught by highly qualified instructors who have substantial project management experience.
To support of the health and safety of our community, we have updated the Practical Project Management spreading the 10 - 3.5-hour weekly sessions into 20 – 2-hour bi-weekly sessions that will cover the same topics, equaling 40 hours. Instead of the educational requirement of 35 hours, you will receive a total of 40 hours at no additional cost.
Participants must attend 18 of the 20 sessions.
Cost & Discounts
- Cost: $1045
- Cost includes program and course materials
- Group/UNM Discount: $100 off
- UNM Tuition Remission Accepted
- The 5 Phases of a Project
- Project Environments and the Role of the Project Manager
- Stakeholder Management
- Risks and Risk Management Plan
- Scheduling for Project Success
- Budget Development and Procurement Planning
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Quality Planning and Control
- Communication and Project Reporting
- Project Integration with Business Requirements
Who should attend?
- A professional who manages timelines or budgets
- A project manager in need of formal training or wants to improve efficiency
- In need of education required for the PMP exam
How will you benefit?
- Speak the language of project management
- Identify and communicate effectively with the project’s stakeholders
- Complete projects on time and within budget
- Initiate, Plan, Execute, Monitor, and Close a project
- Become familiar with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
Spring 2020 Programs
Spring 2020 Workshops
March 13, 2020 - March 27, 2020
8:30am to 12:00pm