Career and Professional Development Programs
From all of us at the Executive and Professional Education Center, THANK YOU to our essential workers! Our world needs you and we appreciate you.
To our students, participants, clients, staff, faculty, friends and colleagues, we miss seeing you and look forward to when we see each other again.
Welcome to the Anderson School of Management Executive and Professional Education Center’s (UNM ASM EPEC) Career and Professional Development programs! We strive to provide rich and quality instruction while maintaining the health and safety of our participants, instructors, staff, and community. In support of this goal, we have updated our programs to include a balanced mixture of asynchronous instruction (participants access the instruction, within a given timeframe, as their schedule permits) and synchronous instruction (participants access instruction at a set time). The synchronous sessions will be conducted via a live, online format like Zoom. This format allows participants to both engage in valuable learning, from the comfort and safety of their chosen space; as well as, participate in dynamic interactions with instructor(s) and other like-minded, working professionals.
EPEC’s Career and Professional Development is supporting the Albuquerque and New Mexico communities with FREE timely resources to assist leaders and businesses through the COVID 19 Pandemic.
FREE Seminar: Building Trust and Safety in Virtual Teams
- Live Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 | Register Now for the Recording
- Instructor: Jennifer K. (Jenny) Stine’s, Ph.D.
Can virtual teams be as effective, productive and fun as in-person teams? Absolutely. One key is creating an environment that supports trust and safety. Why? Because five times a second, your unconscious brain is scanning your environment and asking "is it safe here? or is it dangerous?" Trust and a shared sense of safety - in a meeting or conversation - is what leads to teams to practice openness, productivity, creativity, and collaboration. In this short program we will look at five practices that contribute to team trust and safety with an eye to enhancing virtual team performance.
FREE Seminar: Updates on COVID-19 Medical Leave
- Live Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 | Register Now for the Recording
- Instructor: Amelia Nelson, Esq.
This seminar will discuss the recent emergency changes and temporary rules under the Family Medical Leave Act. On April 1, 2020, the U.S. Department of Labor announced new actions regarding benefits, relief and protection to American workers and employers under the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act and Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act, both part of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
FREE Seminar: Public Health Emergency Response Act and COVID-19
- Live Date: Friday, May 1, 2020 | Register Now for the Recording
- Instructor: Amelia Nelson, Esq.
This seminar will address the Public Health Emergency Response Act (PHERA) and the Public Health Order by the New Mexico Department of Health Cabinet Secretary Kathyleen M. Kunkel dated March 23, 2020. The New Mexico Department of Health possesses legal authority to preserve and promote public health and safety, to adopt isolation and quarantine, and to close public places and forbid gatherings. The State of New Mexico has declared a Public Health Emergency and has issued social distancing, closure, gathering, and quarantine mandates.
Come back here for more free seminars!
Other Free Resources:
Employment Acts discussed in seminars:
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) - Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights(PDF)
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act
- Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act
- New Mexico Public Health Act, NMSA 1978 §§ 24-1-1 to -40
- New Mexico Public Health Emergency Response Act, NMSA 1978 §§ 12-10A-1 to -10
- Public Health Emergency Order Closing All Businesses and Non-Profit Entities Except for those Deemed Essential and Providing Additional Restrictions on Mass Gatherings Due to COVID-19, https://www.governor.state.nm.us/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/COVID-19-DOH-Order-fv.pdf
Need help transitioning a course or training program to an online format?
Jennifer K. (Jenny) Stine’s, Ph.D. ‘Teaching a great online course’ You Tube Series