Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for an EPE course?
- Click on the red, Enroll Now button that is listed on the course’s Anderson website. This will direct you to the Continuing Education website.
- Add the course(s) that you would like to register for to your cart.
- Click the “Checkout” button.
- Sign in if you are a returning visitor or sign up as a new user. If you had an account with the old Continuing Education website, your account information has been transferred over, but you will need to reset your username and password.
- Fill in the required fields for Payment and Billing information. Under Contact Information, please be sure to provide a valid and current email address. The email address that you provide here will be the main contact method for course communications. NOTE: If you are registering for SHRM Exam Prep course, the address that you provide during registration will be the shipping destination of your course textbooks & materials. Course materials cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
How do I use tuition remission to pay for my EPE course?
As part of the registration process (above) you will follow the next steps to apply your tuition remission benefit:
- On the checkout page under “Select payment method”, choose Tuition Remission. In the dropdown below, click “UNM Tuition Remission”.
- On the form upload page, fill out your name, UNM email address and UNM Banner ID, and upload your completed UNM Tuition Remission Form. Before uploading your form, please make sure all sections have been completed including the course name, number, cost and day/time. For additional questions regarding tuition remission please call the benefits office at (505) 277-6947 or visit their website: https://hr.unm.edu/benefits/tuition-remission
How much does tuition remission cover?
For Professional Development and Custom Training courses tuition remission will pay up to the following amounts:
- Spring 2022: $3,278.44 (Equivalent to 8 Credit Hours)
- Summer 2022: $1,817.22 (Equivalent to 4 Credit Hours)
Can I use tuition remission to take an EPE course as a UNM Retiree?
UNM Retirees are eligible for unlimited academic and Professional Development courses, subject to the provisions of University Policy 3700.
Note: UNM Retirees may register for UNM Continuing Education classes by phone. Please call (505) 277-0077 opt 1, to register.
Can I use tuition remission to take an EPE course as a UNM employee’s spouse, domestic partner, or dependent child?
Spouses, domestic partners, and dependent children are not eligible for tuition remission for any non-credit courses at UNM.
What is the attendance policy?
Attendance requirements vary depending on the course you take; each course page will have attendance requirements clearly listed.
What is your inclement weather policy?
Since we do not offer in-person courses there will likely not be a disruption to your course schedule due to any inclement weather. If an instructor is unable to present a session for any reason, we will reach out to you as soon as possible.
What is a digital badge?
A digital badge is a recognition for completion of a particular EPE class, custom training, or micro-credential. It is more interactive than a traditional certificate because it can be shared on many online platforms and is easily verified through Credly.
How do I earn digital badges?
You will receive a digital badge after successful completion of an EPE course, custom training, or micro-credential. The badge will be delivered directly to your inbox in an email from Credly 1-2 weeks after the course ends. If you met the attendance requirements and did not receive an email, please contact us at email@example.com.
How do I make up a class I missed?
Please work with your instructor to see if it is possible to make up missed sessions. Missed sessions can impact the ability to earn your completion badge. Each instructor has their own make-up policies and Anderson EPE will not override any instructor’s decision.
When do I have to pay for the course?
Full Tuition Payment is required at the time of registration for any EPE course.
Do I need to apply to UNM to take a course through Executive & Professional Education?
No, EPE courses are offered as non-credit classes therefore you do not need to apply to UNM to complete them.
Where do I park?
The majority of EPE courses are currently being offered either online via a live Zoom link or online via an asynchronous format that does not require any live meetings. For these course modalities, you will not need to park on campus to attend your course.
If your course modality is in-person on-campus, the closest available parking structure to the McKinnon Center for Management is the Yale Parking Structure on the southeast corner of Lomas and Yale. Self-pay parking is available on the first two floors of the structure at a rate of $1 per half hour. Parking machines do not accept cash payments.
How do I know if I qualify for the SHRM Exam Prep Course?
The Executive & Professional Education office offers the course only as a partner to SHRM, thus EPE staff do not have the knowledge base to directly provide accurate HR career guidance or advice. Please utilize the following tips and resources to address your concerns:
- Review the FAQ section of the SHRM website for more information on starting a career in HR including their standard eligibility criteria.
- Contact SHRM directly for more detailed information on how to qualify to sit for the exam.
- Contact HRMANM (Human Resource Management Association of NM) for additional guidance.
I am an employer looking to register several of my employees in an EPE course. Are bulk registrations possible?
Yes, for more than 10 registrants (for one course) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to complete a bulk registration and have your company invoiced. This requires becoming a vendor at UNM so this option may not be ideal for all circumstances.
A course that I am interested in is not being offered this semester. Can I register now for the next semester?
No, early registration is not available for any EPE courses. Courses typically open enrollment 1-2 months prior to the slated course start date. Please use the table below to identify when you can expect registration windows to be open:
|Course’s Forecasted Semester||Approximate Start Date Month||Please check back in...|
|Spring||Mid-January, February, or Early March||November - December|
|Summer||June or July||April - May|
|Fall||Mid-August or September||June - July|
What is the late registration policy?
Most of the EPE courses will close registration 3-7 days prior to the course start date. We cannot allow late registrations due to course material ordering and shipping times for the SHRM Exam Prep Course. If the registration has closed for a course you would like to take, please email email@example.com to inquire about the ability to register late (this will be handled on a case-by-case basis). Once the course has started, NO registrations will be allowed – please check our website regularly for information on the next available session.
When is the last day that I can drop and EPE course that I am registered in and receive a refund?
Please refer to Continuing Education’s refund policy as special circumstances may apply: http://ce.unm.edu/registration/refund-transfer-and-discount-policy.html
Most programs can be dropped, and a refund issued (minus 10% cancellation fee) if written request to drop is received 3 business days before the course start date. Exception: The SHRM Exam Prep course closes enrollment 7 days prior to start date, thus the deadline to drop or transfer is 10 days before the course’s start date. Drop and transfer deadline dates should be listed on the course’s webpage.
I successfully completed a career professional development course through this office, but I lost my paper certificate. Is it possible to get a copy of my certificate?
Unfortunately, we do not have saved copies of old certificates in our office. We can however offer you a digital badge to use on your social media and job search profiles. You may email us to request this option.
Can you put me on a list to remind me when to register?
The EPE office does not currently have any sort of reminder system in place, as enrollment operates on a competitive first come first serve basis. If you know that your course of interest will be offered in a future semester, it is recommended that you routinely check the EPE website in the 1-2 months prior for the opportunity to secure your seat. See the answer for FAQ “A course that I am interested in is not being offered this semester. Can I register now for the next semester?”, above.
My company wants a specific training that we do not see on your website, are there options for a custom training?
Yes, the EPE office does offer custom training options. Please contact Tiffini Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about custom training options.
Is the Practical Project Management course offered by EPE an exam prep course? Does the PPM course qualify me to sit for accreditation exams through CAPM and PMP?
The Practical Project Management course is NOT meant to be used as an exam prep course. The class is structured to provide students with practical solutions they can use immediately in their workplace.
STILL CAN’T FIND THE ANSWER? Email our team: email@example.com