Executive and Professional Education Tuition Remission for UNM faculty, staff & retirees
Use UNM’s tuition remission for all Executive and Professional Education classes. This includes Executive Leadership programs, Professional Training courses, and Anderson Business Academy Micro-Credentials.
You are responsible for ensuring that you are eligible for Tuition Remission and that sufficient funds are available in order to use Tuition Remission for any professional development program. If you are not eligible for Tuition Remission as of the start date of the program for which you wish to use Tuition Remission you will be responsible for paying the program fee. If you are not eligible for Tuition Remission or do not have sufficient funds available to pay for the entire program fee you will receive an invoice for the appropriate amount from either the Executive and Professional Education Center or the Bursar's Office.
Active UNM Staff and Faculty
Spring Tuition Remission is used for classes scheduled to start between January 1 and May 31. In the Spring semester, an amount equivalent to 8 hours of in-state undergraduate tuition at Anderson may be applied (mandatory student fees are covered). Please visit https://bursar.unm.edu/tuition-and-fees for current spring tuition rates.
Summer Tuition Remission is used for classes scheduled to start between June 1 and July 31. In the Summer semester, an amount equivalent to 4 hours of in-state undergraduate tuition at Anderson may be applied (mandatory student fees are covered). Please visit https://bursar.unm.edu/tuition-and-fees for current summer tuition rates.
Fall Tuition Remission is used for classes scheduled to start between August 1 and December 31. In the Fall semester, an amount equivalent to 8 hours of in-state undergraduate tuition at Anderson may be applied (mandatory student fees are covered). Please visit https://bursar.unm.edu/tuition-and-fees for current fall tuition rates.
UNM Retirees are eligible for unlimited credit and non-credit Professional Development courses, subject to the provisions of University Policy 3700.
Spouses and Domestic Partners
Executive and Professional Education classes are considered non-credit courses and thusly are not eligible for the tuition remission benefit for spouses or domestic partners of UNM employees. Please see the HR Tuition Remission Benefits page for more information.
Using Tuition Remission to Register for an EPE course
IMPORTANT: These instructions only apply to non-credit Executive & Professional Education Courses hosted through the Anderson School of Management. To receive tuition remission for academically credited undergraduate and graduate level courses, please follow the instructions outlined on https://hr.unm.edu/benefits/tuition-remission.
First, register for the course by clicking on the red Enroll Now button that is listed on the course’s Anderson website. This will direct you to the Continuing Education website.
- Add the course(s) that you would like to register for to your cart.
- Click the “Checkout” button.
- Sign in if you are a returning visitor or sign up as a new user. If you had an account with the old Continuing Education website, your account information has been transferred over, but you will need to reset your username and password.
- Fill in the required fields for Contact Information. Please be sure to provide a valid and current email address. The email address that you provide here will be the main contact method for course communications. NOTE: If you are registering for SHRM Exam Prep course, the address that you provide during registration will be the shipping destination of your course textbooks & materials. Course materials cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
As part of the registration process (above) you will follow the next steps to apply your tuition remission benefit:
- On the checkout page under “Select payment method”, choose Tuition Remission. In the dropdown below, click “UNM Tuition Remission”.
- On the form upload page, fill out your name, UNM email address and UNM Banner ID, and upload your completed UNM Tuition Remission Form. Before uploading your form, please make sure all sections have been completed including the course name, number, cost and day/time. For additional questions regarding tuition remission please call the benefits office at (505) 277-6947 or visit their website: https://hr.unm.edu/benefits/tuition-remission