Achieving Managerial Excellence
Unlock your leadership potential! Leaders have a tremendous impact on organizational culture and performance. Recent studies have found the number one reason for job dissatisfaction and turnover is due to poor organizational leadership. And in this slowly improving economy more employees are leaving their jobs voluntarily than being laid off.* The reason most often cited is not that the employees are overworked or don't get paid enough, but that they feel under-appreciated and unchallenged!
Today's leaders must develop new skills to serve as positive role models and provide strategic direction to employees if they hope to achieve exceptional performance and ensure the success of their organizations. The behaviors they personally demonstrate – as well as those they implicitly and explicitly endorse – set the tone for employee behavior throughout the organization.
This high impact program is designed to develop leadership excellence and provide you with the key skills and behaviors that contribute to the success of today's managers and leaders. Taught by a team of experts in the fields of leadership and organizational development, employment law, business ethics and more, this experiential course will provide you with the skills and techniques to expand your leadership ability and create positive outcomes.
* According to the 2011 data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Leading Through Ethics
- Managing a Diverse Workforce
- Understanding Budgets and Forecasts
- Thriving with Workplace Change
- Strategic Communications
- Difficult Conversations
- Employment Law from Hiring to Firing
- Powerful Presentations
- Making Meetings Work
- Managing Workplace Projects
Who should take this course?
- Established managers and other professionals who want to improve their ability to successfully lead projects and teams
- Organizations who want to invest in their high-potential leaders to further develop their skills
- Participants who have taken the Essentials for Managers program and look to further their leadership development
What will you be able to do?
- Identify the qualities of effective leadership
- Assess your leadership style and its impact
- Create a work climate that supports staff motivation
- Motivate others by understanding their individual differences
- Use situational leadership in your work setting
- Build a cohesive unit that performs well in all situations