Dates: Fridays, October 11 - November 22, 2019
Time: 9 a.m. - Noon
Location: UNM Graduate School of Management
This legal application program is designed to help current and aspiring managers and staff develop an understanding of and apply labor and employment laws and regulations so as to deal effectively with employment and labor-related legal issues in the workplace. The courses address key employment law requirements in the United States and the State of New Mexico, It will provide guidance on the implementation of employment policies and practices.
The program establishes a framework for the analysis of workplace legal issues, including an in-depth understanding of Federal and State of New Mexico laws relating to equal employment opportunity (discrimination and harassment laws), employee relations, hiring and separation, compensation and wages, and other employment issues.
The program also addresses a global context with a comparison of employment laws in different parts of the world, followed by a study of best practices in developing HR policies and practices in multinational settings. (??)
This certificate program features downloadable, interactive tools and materials designed to help professionals assess and deal with a variety of legal issues in the workplace.
Each participant will receive a Reference/Case Study Journal!
This program will help you:
- Incorporate/Apply federal and state labor and employment laws to the workplace
- Handle workplace conflict with alternative dispute resolution
- Ethical practices in the workplace (Bullying, Honesty, etc..)
- Implement and update enforceable and lawful polices, guidelines, and handbooks
- Incorporate international clauses and provisions into contracts
Fees & Discounts