Essentials for Managers
Tuesdays | September 19 - November 21 | 6:00 - 9:00 PM
Become the leader you aspire to be. If you want to lead effectively, you have to understand the difference between managing projects and supervising people. Set yourself up for success by enrolling in Essentials for Managers. In ten weeks, you’ll develop the essential leadership skills that will help you improve
performance through empowerment and effective delegation.
Taught by experts in their field, this practical course examines the functions of planning, organizing and leading, and translates these essential management activities into the skills necessary to perform successfully in today’s competitive workplace.
Ten Sessions (Must attend 8/10)
- Developing Your Leadership Skills
- Managing & Participating in Work Teams
- Your Management Style & Working Relationships
- Managing & Resolving Conflict
- Conducting Performance Appraisals & Motivating Your Employees
- Planning & Delegating for Time Management
- Enhancing Your Personal Communication
- Understanding Employment Law
- Career/Life Balance
- Resiliency Training
Is this course right for me? Yes, if you're...
- A new manager developing your leadership style
- A talented professional aiming for a management role
- A manager. Enroll your high-potential employees!
What will this course prepare me to do?
- Lead your team with confidence and self-assurance
- Delegate assignments and monitor performance
- Manage time and meetings with ease
- Develop strong, results-oriented teams
- Resolve conflict between employees