Essentials for Managers
Dates: Wednesdays, September 11, 2019 - November 13, 2019
Time: 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Location: UNM Graduate School of Management
If you are new to management or aspiring to become a leader, the Essentials for Managers Certificate Program will help you assess and develop your leadership style and realize your role and responsibilities to build credibility and support. In ten weeks, you’ll develop the essential leadership skills that will help you improve
performance through empowerment and effective delegation.
Taught by experts in their field, this practical course examines the functions of planning, organizing and leading, and translates these essential management activities into the skills necessary to perform successfully in today’s competitive workplace.
Cost & Discounts
- Cost: $1045
- Cost includes program, course materials, and campus parking
- Group/UNM Discount: $100 off
- UNM Tuition Remission Accepted
Ten Sessions (Must attend 8 out of 10)
- Developing Your Leadership Skills
- Your Management Style & Working Relationships
- Managing & Participating in Work Teams
- Managing & Resolving Conflict
- Conducting Performance Appraisals & Motivating Your Employees
- Planning & Delegating for Time Management
- Enhancing Your Personal Communication
- Understanding Employment Law
- Career/Life Balance
- Resiliency Training
Who should attend?
- A new manager developing your leadership style
- A talented professional aiming for a management role
- A manager. Enroll your high-potential employees!
What will this course prepare me to do?
- Lead your team with confidence and self-assurance
- Delegate assignments and monitor performance
- Manage time and meetings with ease
- Develop strong, results-oriented teams
- Resolve conflict between employees
Spring 2020 Programs
March 13, 2020 - March 27, 2020
8:30am to 12:00pm