Essentials for Managers
Dates: Tuesdays, September 6 - November 8
Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Congratulations! Your talent and dedication earned you a position in management. In order to excel, you must understand the differences between managing projects and managing people. The Essentials for Managers program is designed to introduce new and aspiring managers to key management skills that new managers often lack.
Participants will work with high-quality instructors to understand management essentials, including personal communication, employment law, and conflict resolution. This hands-on program utilizes real-world examples in order to demonstrate practical application. Whether you’re planning to invest in yourself or one of your new managers, this program delivers the
essentials that every manager must know.
- Developing Your Leadership Skills
- Enhancing Your Personal Communication
- Your Management Style & Working Relationships
- Managing & Resolving Conflict
- Planning & Delegating for Time Management
- Conducting Performance Appraisals & Motivating Employees
- Managing & Participating in Work Teams
- Understanding Employment Law
- Career Life Balance
- Resiliency Training
Who should take this course?
- New managers developing their leadership style
- Talented professionals aiming for management roles
- Managers, send your high-potential employees!
What will you be able to do?
- Delegate with confidence
- Manage time and meetings with ease
- Develop strong, result-oriented teams
- Balance the demands of your new role
- Resolve conflict between employees