Essentials for Managers
Dates: Tuesdays, September 11-November 13, 2018
Time: 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Location: UNM Graduate School of Management
If you are new to management or aspiring to become a leader, the Essentials for Managers Certificate Program will help you assess and develop your leadership style and realize your role and responsibilities to build credibility and support. In ten weeks, you’ll develop the essential leadership skills that will help you improve
performance through empowerment and effective delegation.
Taught by experts in their field, this practical course examines the functions of planning, organizing and leading, and translates these essential management activities into the skills necessary to perform successfully in today’s competitive workplace.
Fees & Discounts
- Cost: $1045
- Program fee includes tuition, course materials, and campus parking
- Early Bird Discount: $50 off
- Group/UNM Discount: $100 off
- Tuition Remission Accepted
Ten Sessions (Must attend 8/10)
- Developing Your Leadership Skills
- Managing & Participating in Work Teams
- Your Management Style & Working Relationships
- Managing & Resolving Conflict
- Conducting Performance Appraisals & Motivating Your Employees
- Planning & Delegating for Time Management
- Enhancing Your Personal Communication
- Understanding Employment Law
- Career/Life Balance
- Resiliency Training
Who should attend?
- A new manager developing your leadership style
- A talented professional aiming for a management role
- A manager. Enroll your high-potential employees!
What will this course prepare me to do?
- Lead your team with confidence and self-assurance
- Delegate assignments and monitor performance
- Manage time and meetings with ease
- Develop strong, results-oriented teams
- Resolve conflict between employees