Essentials for Managers
Mondays | February 20 - May 1 | 6:00 - 9:00 PM
Congratulations on your promotion to manager! If you want to excel, you'll need to understand the difference between managing projects and leading people. The Essentials for Managers program is designed to help managers develop the leadership skills that new supervisors often lack.
You'll work with experienced instructors as you learn about effective communication skills, employment law, and conflict resolution. This program is hands-on, and instructors utilize real-world examples to illustrate management theories. Learn today. Do tomorrow.
- Developing Your Leadership Skills
- Managing & Participating in Work Teams
- Your Management Style & Working Relationships
- Managing & Resolving Conflict
- Conducting Performance Appraisals & Motivating Employees
- Planning & Delegating for Time Management
- Enhancing Your Personal Communication
- Understanding Employment Law
- Career Life Balance
- Resiliency Training
Is this course right for me? Yes, if you're...
- A new manager developing your leadership style
- A talented professional aiming for a management role
- A manager. Send your high-potential employees!
What will this course prepare me to do?
- Delegate with confidence
- Manage time and meetings with ease
- Develop strong, result-oriented teams
- Balance the demands of your new role
- Resolve conflict between employees