Essentials for Managers
Mondays | February 20 - May 1 | 6:00 - 9:00 PM
Is management in your future? If you want to lead effectively, you have to understand the difference between managing projects and supervising people. Set yourself up for success by enrolling in Essentials for Managers. In ten weeks, you’ll develop the essential leadership skills that many supervisors lack.
This program teaches new, aspiring, and seasoned managers about communication styles, employment law, and conflict resolution. This program is hands-on, and instructors use real-world examples to illustrate management theories. Learn today. Do tomorrow.
Ten Sessions (Must attend 8/10)
Note: No class on March 13
- Developing Your Leadership Skills
- Managing & Participating in Work Teams
- Your Management Style & Working Relationships
- Managing & Resolving Conflict
- Conducting Performance Appraisals & Motivating Employees
- Planning & Delegating for Time Management
- Enhancing Your Personal Communication
- Understanding Employment Law
- Career/Life Balance
- Resiliency Training
Is this course right for me? Yes, if you're...
- A new manager developing your leadership style
- A talented professional aiming for a management role
- A manager. Enroll your high-potential employees!
What will this course prepare me to do?
- Lead your team with confidence and self-assurance
- Delegate assignments and monitor performance
- Manage time and meetings with ease
- Develop strong, results-oriented teams
- Resolve conflict between employees