Mastering Accounting Essentials
You may not want to be an accountant, but even entrepreneurs, managers, and small business owners need to understand accounting to make effective business decisions. This hands-on program will give you an in-depth understanding of financial accounting by teaching you to create and interpret basic financial documents.
If you are already comfortable with the basics of accounting or if you’ve taken Accounting for Non-Accountants, Mastering Accounting Essentials will provide you with additional tools and best practices to sharpen your accounting know-how and decision-making skills.
- Accounting Cycle and Flowcharting
- Introduction to the System Understanding Aid Tool
- Journal Entries
- Closing Entries
- Year End Entries and Bank Reconciliation
- Worksheet Preparation
- Financial Statement Preparation
- Final Documents and Closing Books
Who should take this course?
- Professionals from government, nonprofit, and higher education, whose jobs involve basic accounting
- Students who have taken Accounting for Non-Accountants and would like to learn more about applying accounting principles to business decisions
- Departmental managers or business owners responsible for making decisions about a company’s finances
What will you be able to do?
- Read and create financial statements for your organization
- Utilize the System Understanding Aid Tool
- Understand flowcharts, financial statements, and accounting transactions
- Provide valuable cost savings to your organization
- Understanding the basic principles of fraud control and auditing