Dates: Saturdays, March 5 – April 16 | Time: 9:00 AM - 4:45 PM
Note: No class will be held on March 26, 2016.
Mediation skills are life skills. Mediation is a respectful problem-solving conversation, which involves active listening and discussion techniques. Mediation can help you resolve conflict, increase productivity, save time and money, create a safer workplace, and promote a climate of collaboration.
Basic Mediation Certification will not only give you conflict management skills; you will be able to mediate professionally after completing this program. You will also have the opportunity to observe real-life mediations and co-mediate disputes with experienced instructor and professional mediator, Anne Lightsey.
Topics (40 hours)
- You & Mediation: An Overview
- Think Like a Mediator: Recognize & Deal with Root Causes of Conflict
- Essential Mediator Skills
- Stages of Mediation
- Mediation Live & In Person
- Advanced Mediator Skills: We’re All in This Together
- Bringing It All Together
- Closing: You Just Keep Getting Better
Fees & Discounts
- Cost: $1195
- Group/UNM Discount: $100
- Tuition Remission Accepted
Who should take this course?
- Professionals responsible for resolving workplace conflict
- People interested in mediating professionally
- Legal professionals interested in alternate forms of dispute resolution
What will you be able to do?
- Utilize active listening to reach the root causes of conflict
- Mediate in your organization to minimize the human and organizational costs of conflict
- Earn your certification and become a professional mediator