Saturdays | January 28 - March 11 | 9:00 AM - 4:45 PM
Mediation is a powerful method of dispute resolution that can help you reach the root cause of conflict. Mediation is so successful because the mediator remains neutral and ensures that both parties are heard. This process helps disputing individuals reach their own conclusions and agree to a lasting solution
With personal, professional, and managerial applications, mediation is rapidly gaining popularity as an effective form of conflict resolution. If you want to learn mediation tactics or become a professional mediator, Mediation Certification is the perfect place to start. You'll learn by observing real-life mediations and co-mediating disputes with experienced instructor and professional mediator, Anne Lightsey.
Topics (40 hours)
- You & Mediation: An Overview
- Think Like a Mediator: Recognize & Deal with Root Causes of Conflict
- Essential Mediator Skills
- Stages of Mediation
- Mediation Live & In Person
- Advanced Mediator Skills: We’re All in This Together
- Bringing It All Together
- Closing: You Just Keep Getting Better
Is this course right for me? Yes, if you're...
- Interested in mediating professionally
- Looking for powerful conflict resolution tools
- A legal professional interested in alternate methods of dispute resolution
What will this course prepare me to do?
- Help disputing parties hear one another
- Minimize harm by maximizing the area of agreement
- Utilize active listening to reach the root cause of conflict
- Minimize the human and financial cost of conflict in your organization
- Earn your certification and become a professional mediator