Saturdays | January 28 - March 11 | 9:00 AM - 4:45 PM
Mediation is a powerful method of dispute resolution that can help you reach the root cause of conflict. Mediation is so successful because the mediator remains neutral and ensures that both parties are heard. This process helps disputing individuals reach their own conclusions and agree to a lasting solution
With personal, professional, and managerial applications, mediation is rapidly gaining popularity as an effective form of conflict resolution. If you want to learn mediation tactics or become a professional mediator, Mediation Certification is the perfect place to start. You'll learn by observing real-life mediations and co-mediating disputes with experienced instructor and professional mediator, Anne Lightsey.
8 Topics in 40 Hours
Note: No class on February 18
- You & Mediation: An Overview
- Think Like a Mediator: Recognize & Deal with Root Causes of Conflict
- Essential Mediator Skills
- Stages of Mediation
- Mediation Live & In Person
- Advanced Mediator Skills: We’re All in This Together
- Bringing It All Together
- Closing: You Just Keep Getting Better
Is this course right for me? Yes, if you're...
- Interested in mediating professionally or as a second career
- Looking to efficiently address conflict within your organization
- A legal professional interested in alternate methods of dispute resolution
What will this course prepare me to do?
- Address conflict and foster harmony in your environment
- Utilize active listening to reach the root cause of conflict
- Help disputing parties hear one another
- Minimize the cost of conflict in your organization
- Earn PDUs from the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)