Dates: Saturdays, September 17 - Oct 29
Time: 9:00 - 12:00 PM & 1:00 - 4:45 PM
Mediation is so successful because the mediator remains neutral and ensures that both parties are heard. This process allows the disputing individuals to reach their own conclusions and agree to a lasting solution. If you’d like to learn mediation tactics or become a professional mediator, this program is the perfect place to start.
Remaining neutral is harder than it sounds (and it doesn’t sound easy). That’s why participants will learn by observing real-life mediations and co-mediating disputes with experienced instructor and professional mediator, Anne Lightsey.
Topics (40 hours)
- You & Mediation: An Overview
- Think Like a Mediator: Recognize & Deal with Root Causes of Conflict
- Essential Mediator Skills
- Stages of Mediation
- Mediation Live & In Person
- Advanced Mediator Skills: We’re All in This Together
- Bringing It All Together
- Closing: You Just Keep Getting Better
Who should take this course?
- Professionals interested in acquiring powerful tools for resolving disputes
- People interested in mediating professionally
- Legal professionals interested in alternate forms of dispute resolution
What will you be able to do?
- Help disputing parties hear one another
- Minimize harm by maximizing the area of agreement
- Utilize active listening to reach the root causes of conflict
- Mediate in your organization to minimize the human and financial costs of conflict
- Earn your certification and become a professional mediator