Saturdays | October 7 - November 18 | 9:00 AM - 4:45 PM
In addition to resolving conflicts, mediation increases productivity, saves time and money, creates a safer workplace, and promotes a climate of collaboration. Mastering mediation skills not only can provide benefits in your personal life, it can provide you with new career opportunities or advancement in your current role.
During the Mediation Certification course, you will engage in role playing sessions and observations to help you understand the interpersonal dynamics of mediation and get the skills needed to bring disputes to resolution. Plus, after completing the 40-hour program, you are eligible for a Mediation Certificate, allowing you to mediate professionally. If you want to learn mediation tactics or aspire to be a professional mediator, this course is the perfect place to start.
Note: This program is pre-approved for 40 SHRM PDC’s. Please use Activity ID: 15-6EFXR
Must attend 38/40 hours.
Six Sessions, Eight Topics
- You & Mediation: An Overview
- Think Like a Mediator: Recognize & Deal with Root Causes of Conflict
- Essential Mediator Skills
- Stages of Mediation
- Mediation Live & In Person
- Advanced Mediator Skills: We’re All in This Together
- Bringing It All Together
- Closing: You Just Keep Getting Better
Advantages of Mediation Certification from Anderson's Career and Professional Development Programs:
- Small class size that allows for individualized feedback and coaching
- Highly engaged participants, excited to dive deep into mediation practices
- Learn the ins and outs on how to start your own mediation business
- Taught by mediation industry veteran, Anne Lightsey, whose passion and dedication for the subject is unparalleled
- Observe real-life mediations and co-mediate disputes with Anne and other experienced mediators
- Optional Practitioner’s Certificate after course completion
Is this course right for me? Yes, if you're...
- Interested in mediating professionally or as a second career
- Looking to efficiently address conflict within your organization
- A legal professional interested in alternate methods of dispute resolution
What will this course prepare me to do?
- Address conflict and foster harmony in your environment
- Utilize active listening to reach the root cause of conflict
- Help disputing parties hear one another
- Mediate differences confidently and efficiently to increase organizational
- Lead internal mediations to keep costs low and avoid litigation
Optional Practitioner's Certificate
Use skills learned in the 40-hour certification to hone advanced mediation techniques.
Requirements to receive the Practitioner's Certificate:
- Observe 3 mediations and co-mediate 5 mediations within 6 months of completing Mediation Certification.