Dates: Saturdays, September 17 - Oct 29
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:45 PM
Note: No class on October 8, 2016
Mediation is so successful because the mediator remains neutral and ensures that both parties are heard. This process allows the disputing individuals to reach their own conclusions and agree to a lasting solution. If you’d like to learn mediation tactics or become a professional mediator, this program is the perfect place to start.
Remaining neutral is harder than it sounds (and it doesn’t sound easy). That’s why participants will learn by observing real-life mediations and co-mediating disputes with experienced instructor and professional mediator, Anne Lightsey.
Topics (40 hours)
- You & Mediation: An Overview
- Think Like a Mediator: Recognize & Deal with Root Causes of Conflict
- Essential Mediator Skills
- Stages of Mediation
- Mediation Live & In Person
- Advanced Mediator Skills: We’re All in This Together
- Bringing It All Together
- Closing: You Just Keep Getting Better
Who should take this course?
- Professionals interested in acquiring powerful tools for resolving disputes
- People interested in mediating professionally
- Legal professionals interested in alternate forms of dispute resolution
What will you be able to do?
- Help disputing parties hear one another
- Minimize harm by maximizing the area of agreement
- Utilize active listening to reach the root causes of conflict
- Mediate in your organization to minimize the human and financial costs of conflict
- Earn your certification and become a professional mediator