Dates: Saturdays, October 6-November 17, 2018
Time: 9:00am to 4:45pm
Location: UNM Graduate School of Management
Mastering mediation skills not only can provide benefits in your personal life, it can provide you with new career opportunities or advancement in your current role. In addition to resolving conflicts, mediation increases productivity, saves time and money, creates a safer workplace, and promotes a climate of collaboration.
During the Mediation Certification course, you will engage in role playing sessions and observations to help you understand the interpersonal dynamics of mediation and get the skills needed to bring disputes to resolution. Plus, after completing the 40-hour program, you are eligible for a Mediation Certificate, allowing you to mediate professionally. If you want to learn mediation tactics or aspire to be a professional mediator, this course is the perfect place to start.
Notes: This program is pre-approved for 40 SHRM PDC’s. Please use Activity ID: 15-6EFXR
Due to the nature of this program and the certificate requirements, it is stressed that you attend the full 40 hours of class. If necessary, you may miss up to 2 hours of pre-approved (by the instructor) hours and still obtain the certification. However, you may be required to make the 2 hours up due to the requirements of the Mediation Certification. Make sure you sign-in before each class to validate your attendance.
Fees & Discounts
- Cost: $1,195
- Program fee includes tuition, course materials, and campus parking
- Early Bird Discount: $50 off
- Group/UNM Discount: $100 off
- Tuition Remission Accepted
Six Sessions, Eight Topics (Must attend 38/40 hours)
- You & Mediation: An Overview
- Think Like a Mediator: Recognize & Deal with Root Causes of Conflict
- Essential Mediator Skills
- Stages of Mediation
- Mediation Live & In Person
- Advanced Mediator Skills: We’re All in This Together
- Bringing It All Together
- Closing: You Just Keep Getting Better
Who should attend?
- Those interested in mediating professionally or as a second career
- Anyone looking to efficiently address conflict within your organization
- A legal professional interested in alternate methods of dispute resolution
How will you benefit?
- Address conflict and foster harmony in your environment
- Utilize active listening to reach the root cause of conflict
- Help disputing parties hear one another
- Mediate differences confidently and efficiently to increase organizational productivity
- Lead internal mediations to keep costs low and avoid litigation
Advantages of Mediation Certification from Anderson's Career and Professional Development Programs:
- Small class size that allows for individualized feedback and coaching
- Highly engaged participants, excited to dive deep into mediation practices
- Learn the ins and outs on how to start your own mediation business
- Taught by mediation industry veteran, Anne Lightsey, whose passion and dedication for the subject is unparalleled
- Observe real-life mediations and co-mediate disputes with Anne and other experienced mediators
- Optional Practitioner’s Certificate after course completion
Optional Practitioner's Certificate
Use skills learned in the 40-hour certification to hone advanced mediation techniques.
Requirements to receive the Practitioner's Certificate:
- Observe 3 mediations and co-mediate 5 mediations within 6 months of completing Mediation Certification.