No matter how much mediation experience you have (or want to gain!) everyone can benefit from professional feedback. Mediation Practitioner is a new Career and Professional Development Program designed to deliver hands-on coaching and role-playing sessions to practicing mediators. Whether you are currently practicing mediation, just completed your training, or just want to keep practicing, you will benefit from the structured guidance and feedback you receive from experienced professional mediators
Participants will work in small groups to progress through 2 complete disputes. This program moves beyond basic mediation training and helps participants hone advanced mediation techniques. While mediation training is required, the program is open to all skills levels, and coaching is based on experience level and professional goals. Enrollment is limited, so sign up soon!
- Anne Lightsey
Fees & Discounts
- Cost: $250
- $230 for participants of the UNM Anderson Mediation Certification program
- Tuition Remission Accepted
Who should take this course?
- Trained mediators, attorneys, managers, human resource professionals, and others who desire to enhance their mediation skills
What will you be able to do?
- Strategic Questioning - move beyond information gathering, utilize probing questions, balance power dynamics, and create empathy
- Trust Building - improve rapport with disputants with trust-building strategies
- Resistance Diagnosis - assess the causes of specific obstacles, choose the appropriate intervention, and move to settlement
- Troubleshooting - learn strategies for dealing with difficult people, disruptions, mediating with representatives, and more