New Media Skills 2: Talent Skills
We’ve all seen it – the employee in a local advertisement looking like a deer in the headlights. Nervous, wooden, and memorable for all the wrong reasons. Promotional videos or advertisements can be incredibly effective for promoting local businesses and “talent” training can help you make sure that your videos are memorable for the right reasons.
In part #2 of New Media Skills, you will learn basics of A/V technology, practice your skills, and get comfortable as the “talent” for your business’s A/V productions. This course will give you experience as both an interviewer and as a guest on a recorded audio program. You will also gain camera experience for promotional or educational videos.
- Overview of A/V Recording and Editing
- Developing Voice-Over Scripts
- Recording an Audio Program
- Working on Camera
- Delivering an Engaging Video Presentation
- Video Streaming and Conferencing
- Wally Drangmeister
- Carol Wight
Fees & Discounts
- Cost: $1095
- Early Bird Discount: $50 off
- Group/UNM Discount: $100
- Tuition Remission Accepted
Who should take this course?
- Managers, educators, and business owners who want to be more effective at communicating through multimedia platforms
- Professionals whose job responsibilities include marketing, advertising, or public relations
- Entrepreneurs, bloggers, and web content managers who want to infuse their business with new A/V content
What will you be able to do?
- Understand the basics of A/V production for websites, social media, video hosting, and podcasting
- Produce dynamic and professional content to support sales, marketing, customer service, and relationship building activities
- Achieve maximum clarity and impact for your audio and video production using free recording and editing software
- Present yourself confidently and persuasively in recorded audio and video segments
- Gain skills and experience in A/V production that will increase your value to your organization and in the job market