Practical Project Management
Fridays | February 10 - April 21 | 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
If your work involves timelines and budgets, you’re probably managing some kind of project. Even if you don’t call yourself a project manager, project management principles will help you keep your projects on task, on time, and on budget. Practical Project Management delivers applicable tools that will empower you to align projects with your organization's goals while earning profit.
Effective project management is essential in today’s business world, and project management training will give you a competitive edge in the job market. This program is taught by engaging instructors who have substantial project management experience. While you'll earn PDUs required for PMP certification, this is not a prep course for the PMP exam.
- The 5 Phases of a Project
- Stakeholder Management
- Organizational Structure and Its Influence of Projects
- Risks and Risk Management Planning
- Scheduling for Project Success
- Budget Development & Procurement Planning
- Project Monitoring & Control
- Project Integration with Business Requirement
- Communication & Project Reporting
- Quality Planning & Control
Is this course right for me? Yes if you're...
- A professional who manages timelines or budgets
- A project manager in need of formal training
- In need of PDUs for PMP certification
What will this course prepare me to do?
- Speak the language of project management
- Identify the project's stakeholders and communicate with them
- Ensure your project is completed in a manner which reflects well on you
- Initiate, Plan, Execute, Control, Monitor, & Close a project
- Become familiar with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)