Practical Project Management
Dates: Fridays, September 6, 2019 - November 19, 2019
Time: 8:30am to 12:00pm
Location: UNM Continuing Education
Project Managers need to manage every aspect of the projects they oversee, from resources and suppliers to project costs and equipment. Effective project management is essential in today’s business world, and project management training will give you a competitive edge in the job market providing skills that you can apply immediately at your work.
The interactive curriculum of Practical Project Management provides you the essential tools you need to keep projects on task, on time, and on budget. The program is taught by highly qualified instructors who have substantial project management experience.
This program is offered in partnership with UNM Continuing Education.
Cost & Discounts
- Cost: $1045
- Cost includes program, course materials, and campus parking
- Early Bird Discount: $50 off when you register by July 29, 2019
- Group/UNM Discount: $100 off
- UNM Tuition Remission Accepted
Ten Sessions (Must attend 8/10)
- The 5 Phases of a Project
- Project Environments and the Role of the Project Manager
- Stakeholder Management
- Risks and Risk Management Plan
- Scheduling for Project Success
- Budget Development and Procurement Planning
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Quality Planning and Control
- Communication and Project Reporting
- Project Integration with Business Requirements
Who should attend?
- A professional who manages timelines or budgets
- A project manager in need of formal training or wants to improve efficiency
- In need of education required for the PMP exam
How will you benefit?
- Speak the language of project management
- Identify and communicate effectively with the project’s stakeholders
- Complete projects on time and within budget
- Initiate, Plan, Execute, Monitor, and Close a project
- Become familiar with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
Project Management Professional (PMP)/CAPM Certification Exam Preparation
Participate in an extensive review of the Project Management Body of Knowledge. Determine what you need to learn with an overview of PMP exam topics, and identify the most important exam topics. Tuition Assistance may be available if you are unemployed, a veteran or veteran’s spouse, or a person with a disability. Other options include education loans. For more funding options, and contact information, please visit UNM Continuing Education's Loans and Financial Aid page.