Practical Project Management
Thursdays | September 7 - November 9 | 5:30 - 9:00 PM
Project Managers need to manage every aspect of the projects they oversee, from resources and suppliers to project costs and equipment. Effective project management is essential in today’s business world, and project management training will give you a competitive edge in the job market providing skills that
you can apply immediately at your work.
The interactive curriculum of Practical Project Management provides you the essential tools you need to keep projects on task, on time, and on budget. The program is taught by highly qualified instructors who have substantial project management experience.
NOTE: While this program provides the 35 hours of education necessary to sit for the PMP Exam, it is not a PMP prep course.
Ten Sessions (Must attend 8/10)
- The 5 Phases of a Project
- Stakeholder Management
- Organizational Structure & Its Influence on Projects
- Risks & Risk Management Plans
- Scheduling for Project Success
- Budget Development & Procurement Planning
- Project Monitoring & Control
- Quality Planning & Control
- Communication & Project Reporting
- Project Integration with Business Requirements
Is this course right for me? Yes if you're...
- A professional who manages timelines or budgets
- A project manager in need of formal training or wants to improve efficiency
- In need of education required for the PMP exam
What will this course prepare me to do?
- Speak the language of project management
- Identify and communicate effectively with the project’s stakeholders
- Complete projects on time and within budget
- Initiate, Plan, Execute, Control, Monitor, and Close a project
- Become familiar with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)