The Business of Art
As an artist, you're passionate about your craft, but do you have the business training necessary to sustain a career in art? Many artists and art organizations struggle with the balance between crafting original, innovative creations and managing a successful business. Uneven cash flow, uncertain recognition, and a volatile marketplace all present challenges to even the most experienced art professionals.
Learn to manage your finances, negotiate prices, and navigate complex legal regulations in this newly designed professional development program. The Business of Art will help you define your artistic brand and translate it into a successful business model.
- Strategic and Operational Planning
- Shaping Your Vision and Mission
- Leadership for Creatives
- Cash Management
- Protecting Intellectual Property
- Finding Your Brand
- Developing a Marketing Plan
- Success and Failure - Learning from Experience
- Regina Chavez
- Sophie Martin
- Kerry Perry
- David Cavazos
- Norman Colter
Fees & Discounts
- Cost: $995
- Early Bird Discount: $50 off
- Group/UNM Discount: $100
- Tuition Remission Accepted
Who should take this course?
- Artists and art-related business owners or entrepreneurs
- Non-profit arts organization management
- Individuals interested in working in an arts organization
What will you be able to do?
- Efficiently manage cash flow during uncertain times
- Define and maintain your own personal brand
- Utilize marketing techniques to communicate the value of your arts business
- Develop a strategic plan to reach your organization’s most desirable future
- Learn strategies to make your arts business more competitive
- Manage your business with efficiency to stay afloat in a turbulent industry
- Learn business basic to create your own arts start-up