Frequently Asked Questions

Can I use my UNM Employee Tuition Remission?

Yes! You can use your tuition remission for a Career and Professional Development program if you are eligible and have the sufficient amount. Your tuition remission form should be submitted upon registration by faxing to (505) 277-0345 or emailing

Can family members use my tuition remission?

Unfortunately, UNM policy does not allow tuition remission for non-credit/certificate programs for children, spouses, and significant others. However, we do offer discounts, like refer a friend, and early bird pricing. Please look at the options for discount rates – refer to the Upcoming Program pages for more information.

What is required on the tuition remission form?

Filling out the form is easy! Just add your personal information at the top of the form, add the program information to the "professional development" section of the form, and leave the "course number" section blank. Sign the form on the second page. If the program you are taking is during business hours, your supervisor will need to sign the form too.

What is your attendance policy?

Attendance requirements vary depending on the program. Refer to the Upcoming Program pages for attendance requirements for our various programs.

What is your inclement weather policy?

The University will not close during periods of inclement weather unless conditions are so severe as to endanger the University community. The President will determine if the Albuquerque campus will close. Please refer to for closure related news or check specific information about the Albuquerque campus given over UNM's "Snow Hotline," 277-SNOW.

How do I earn a certificate?

To receive the Anderson School’s Certificate, you must meet the specific class requirements and have paid for the class in full.

What if the program I want to take is full?

When a program is full we will announce it on our website along with a waitlist. You can be added to a waitlist though an online form or by calling our office at (505) 277-2525. If a seat becomes available, we will contact you based on the order the waitlist requests were received

How do I make up a class?

If you miss more than one (1) class, you may make them up during the next semester the program is offered. We encourage you to make up any classes you miss in order to take advantage of the information given in the program.

When do I have to pay for the course?

Full payment, purchase order or UNM tuition remission form is due upon registration, unless other arrangements have been made through UNM Anderson’s Career and Professional Program by calling (505) 277-2525.

When paying by check?

When paying by check, checks should be made payable to the Anderson School Foundation.

Do I need to apply to UNM to take a CPD course?

No. The Career and Professional Development programs are non-degree/non-credit programs, so applying to UNM is not required.

Where do I park?

Parking locations vary depending on the program. However, most classes are held on the third floor of the Graduate School Management Building (GSM) on the UNM Campus. Parking is readily available at the Yale Parking structure, and we will provide parking codes which allow you to park for free prior to the first day of class.

Do I have to pay for parking?

Parking is free! Prior to your class, you will receive a parking code which allows you to park for free in the Yale Parking structure. The parking structure is on the east side of Yale Blvd. one block south of Lomas Blvd.